Sep 25, 2009

I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron

 

This was a charming read; a perfect book for a summer holiday! I enjoyed it wildly! And came away with some awesome sage advice from an elder woman, an accomplished writer, an eccentric.

I didn't know that she was the author of When Harry Met Sally until I read this book. I particularly enjoyed her talking about cooking and cabbages; I returned home last summer, and did some really out-of-character thing of cooking, and I did what I imagined would be a healthy soup, one that wouldn't make me too fat. I ended up with some raw tasting soup, a festive thing of cabbages, onions, garlic, tomatoes, celery bits, and spices.

The other advice that was quite eye-opening and timely for me was her advice targeted at younger women like me (younger in comparison to her I mean), to go now, put on a bikini and never take it off until you reach 36! Unfortunately, I wasn't quite able to take her advice so immediately. But now I am working on my abs, so maybe next summer I will be able to do something about it!

Anyhow. It was a really satisfying read for me. I think I saw an Oprah show about this book, some time after I read the book. It's so lovely to feel connected to the world!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment